She emerged and left the door behind ajar. She smiled as I rose and embrace her.
I lead her to the couch and we sat side by side. There was nothing but silence filled with some tiny drops of rain making a little noise outside.
"Sorry I didn't pick up your call. I thought it was my alarm," I finally broke the silence.
She turned to me and said in her cold voice,
"Really there's no need to lie. I know you dislike a phone call."
I tried to hide my edginess by laughing but my voice was shaking.
The silence filled the air once more.
"Sorry, again." I squeezed her palm. It was cold and dry like a snowflake.
She pulled her hand and thrusted it into her trouser pocket. She pulled a lighter.
A minute later the smoke started to fill the air conditioned room we were in. It started to smothers me but I said nothing.
"Say something," she finally said, as if she could read my mind.
"Which one of it? Something you will be pleased to hear or something you need to hear?"
She sighed and put down her cigarettes. Despite the door that slightly opened, the smoke smothered me even more.
I lead her to the couch and we sat side by side. There was nothing but silence filled with some tiny drops of rain making a little noise outside.
"Sorry I didn't pick up your call. I thought it was my alarm," I finally broke the silence.
She turned to me and said in her cold voice,
"Really there's no need to lie. I know you dislike a phone call."
I tried to hide my edginess by laughing but my voice was shaking.
The silence filled the air once more.
"Sorry, again." I squeezed her palm. It was cold and dry like a snowflake.
She pulled her hand and thrusted it into her trouser pocket. She pulled a lighter.
A minute later the smoke started to fill the air conditioned room we were in. It started to smothers me but I said nothing.
"Say something," she finally said, as if she could read my mind.
"Which one of it? Something you will be pleased to hear or something you need to hear?"
She sighed and put down her cigarettes. Despite the door that slightly opened, the smoke smothered me even more.
Comments
Post a Comment