“Uh, hello, Cal?” I jolt in recognition hearing the voice and almost drop my phone as I stare into the screen in disbelieve.
Did I just misread?
The letter form the name I’ve been trying to get out of my mind all this time!
“Cal, are you there? Hello? You hear me?”
I am trying to wake up. I kick my blanket stand in front of the mirror, checking myself out and make sure it really is me.
Am I dreaming?
The frequency I’ve been longing to hear has just vibrate to my ears!
“Cal, are you still upset? It’s been 2 years. You know how sorry I am,”
My hand is shaking and I open my jaw but no word come out. My brain freezes.
“Cal, if you don’t want to talk to me...” Despite the huskiness, I found the voice even more assuring than the sound of tiny bells ringing in the wind.
“...I’ll just hang. I understand, it’s fine,”
to hear the sentence, suddenly my lungs quicken. I gasp for air, forcing a word to come out of my mouth.
“Don’t, uh, no,” I almost yell in panic. Then I hear nothing but silence. I can feel tiny drops of sweat trickle down my back as I wait.
“Please,” I say in a low tone; lower than I have expect it to come out. There was the sound as if I have gulped something which rose in my throat.
She doesn’t answer, neither does she hang the call. I march forth and back in restlessness, condemning myself of my awkwardness. In that moment, silence and emptiness suffocates me more than anything. My heart aches as I wish to hear another word from the voice.
“Say something, please,”
“...”
“Please,” I can’t help to speak in such mournful voice.
“...”
Then I hear a long sigh and my heart beats faster. I can hear the beat in silence.
“Cal, how are you?”
I am trembling. All the burdensome and heaviness in my chest suddenly burst out as I am unable to hold longer. Then I kneel in the remembrance of God. Without my allowance, a drop of tears stream down to my lap.
I am trying to wake up. I kick my blanket stand in front of the mirror, checking myself out and make sure it really is me.
Am I dreaming?
The frequency I’ve been longing to hear has just vibrate to my ears!
“Cal, are you still upset? It’s been 2 years. You know how sorry I am,”
My hand is shaking and I open my jaw but no word come out. My brain freezes.
“Cal, if you don’t want to talk to me...” Despite the huskiness, I found the voice even more assuring than the sound of tiny bells ringing in the wind.
“...I’ll just hang. I understand, it’s fine,”
to hear the sentence, suddenly my lungs quicken. I gasp for air, forcing a word to come out of my mouth.
“Don’t, uh, no,” I almost yell in panic. Then I hear nothing but silence. I can feel tiny drops of sweat trickle down my back as I wait.
“Please,” I say in a low tone; lower than I have expect it to come out. There was the sound as if I have gulped something which rose in my throat.
She doesn’t answer, neither does she hang the call. I march forth and back in restlessness, condemning myself of my awkwardness. In that moment, silence and emptiness suffocates me more than anything. My heart aches as I wish to hear another word from the voice.
“Say something, please,”
“...”
“Please,” I can’t help to speak in such mournful voice.
“...”
Then I hear a long sigh and my heart beats faster. I can hear the beat in silence.
“Cal, how are you?”
I am trembling. All the burdensome and heaviness in my chest suddenly burst out as I am unable to hold longer. Then I kneel in the remembrance of God. Without my allowance, a drop of tears stream down to my lap.
Comments
Post a Comment