"Why you don't want to go to the beach? do you hate sea so much?"
I don't want to see her in the eyes and let her dive deep into my withered soul. Instead, I stared at the mirror behind her. I answered as if I was talking to myself.
"No, it's not the sea that I hate. I just can't enjoy being at the beach."
As I kept staring at myself in the mirror, I just realized that my eyes were more sunken and my cheekbones was more pronounced. There wasn't just a withered soul, but a withered figure as well.
"Why? Don't you find it peaceful to have the wind upon your face and embrace you? How come a human don't enjoy the music the waves make?"
She was very animated which was kind of intimidating to me.
"....It's just insanely endearing to me. How can you resist such beauty?" She asked in curious gesture as if I was another species, coming from another galaxy.
I was silent. Trying to find the answer that would make my daughter stop asking more questions but I couldn't find any.
Suddenly she leaned forward in a very quick movement which was surprising me. I couldn't help but look into her eyes. There, I discover a very warm soul, full of living.
"Ummm, I don't know. It's just too warm, I guess," I have my words came out before my brain confirmed. I didn't realize how nervous I was to have this first encounter with her.
"Too bad. I love to see the waves. They are adorable."
I leaned my body forward until we were just inches and said,
"Let me tell you something. I think you will love this idea."
She nodded. I could tell she was in enthusiasm mode.
Then I whispered, "Here's what I learned from the sea water. When it turns to a wave it goes through ups and downs but the taste of it remains the same and will never change."
Then I saw some sparkles in her eyes.
"That's an awesome thought!" she said.
But then she frowned as if realizing something.
"Just like my love to you, daddy?" she asked in a low tone, looking down to her lap.
At that moment I realized that I don't want to lose her again.
Comments
Post a Comment