A little girl I was
In a white T-shirt and red skirt
A scarf covered my head
Playing tag with other girls
Dressed in the same color
On the football field
Across the railway
Next to Imam Samudera’s grave
“He died peacefully. He smiled,” someone said.
Among the crowd I saw him went by
Slightly talked of an evil place
I wondered in my little mind
Where was that faraway place he called the land of liberty?
In a white T-shirt and red skirt
A scarf covered my head
Playing tag with other girls
Dressed in the same color
On the football field
Across the railway
Next to Imam Samudera’s grave
“He died peacefully. He smiled,” someone said.
Among the crowd I saw him went by
Slightly talked of an evil place
I wondered in my little mind
Where was that faraway place he called the land of liberty?
Comments
Post a Comment